Build Your Own Color Card
Fat Quarter of
ALL 200 Colors
• ONE TIME PURCHASE $1,020.00
Subscribe and spread out payments!
Build Your Own Color Card - -16 Fat Quarters at a time!
$90 per month = $1,080.00
Regular Price $1,200.00
• Every month for one year, receive 16 Fat Quarters
• Final month includes 24 FAT QUARTERS
• All fabric comes with identifying sticker so you can cut a swatch and attach to your FREE download of Blank Swatch Chart. That leaves the rest of the fabric to PLAY!
• Start any time!
• Tax and Shipping charges apply
• Does not apply to Over-dyed Prints
Synthrapol: hard to pronounce, easy to use.
In the dyeing process, we use hot water and a Concentrated Surfactant (detergent) called Synthrapol to remove excess dye. This product suspends dye particles in water that have not bonded to the fibers. It does not change the color of the fabric. Darker colors have a high concentration of dye so pre-washing our fabrics at home is highly recommended to ensure color does not migrate. Cherrywood has already been washed 4 times in HOT water with Synthrapol before it leaves our studio. Please follow the directions below to make sure everything "behaves."
FIRST TIME Washing (Prewashing):
We encourage you to prewash all of your Cherrywood in a full load of WARM or COLD water with 2 teaspoons of Synthrapol. If you see a large amount of color in the rinse water, a second wash may be necessary. Synthrapol keeps those released dyes from reattaching onto other fabrics. If you have a front-loading machine, you may need to wash more times or use a laundry tub. Similar colors may be washed together as long as you use Synthrapol, but is wise to make keep very dark colors separate from very light colors while prewashing. Super dark colors may be washed in HOT water if there are concerns (this will flush out extra dye quicker). We have tested Color Catcher Sheets by Shout: they work well but may leave a lint residue on the fabric. There is no harm in using both products at once.
SUBSEQUENT Washing (Finished quilts, garments, etc.):
Wash finished projects in Synthrapol in COLD water for the first several times. This is just a good practice to ensure the dyes behave. Complete the COLD cycle. Synthrapol is an inexpensive product to have on hand to use whenever washing hand-dyes and batiks.
Drying and Pressing:
Remove fabric from dryer when slightly damp and press with a dry iron. If dry, lightly mist with water and iron to remove wrinkles. DO NOT let finished quilts/garments air-dry as this may cause wicking (the dyes are pulled from one fabric into the next if they dry too slowly). It is recommended to dry projects in the dryer. Use steam, or lightly spritz with water and use a dry iron when pressing Cherrywood garments to keep them looking crisp.
• Cherrywood is preshrunk. It has been washed a minimum of four times and dried in a hot dryer before it is sold to you. Be sure to pre-shrink any other fabrics that you are combining with Cherrywood in a project.
• Cherrywood is colorfast. As with ALL textiles, keep Cherrywood out of prolonged harsh sunlight, and it will retain its rich color.
Questions? Please call 1-888-298-0967